Academic advice by the faculty
- The first port of call for questions related to your studies, especially if you are not satisfied with your progress, is your programme advisor (BEC, BIN, BWI, MIS).
- The programme advisors are also the chairpersons of the examination committees, so they are able to give advice if you think of applying form an extension of deadlines.Opens internal link in current window
- In case of questions about the internship, please contact your degree programme’s internship coordinator.
- For questions about studies abroad or the International Week, please contact our Faculty’s international affairs officer. For specific questions about grants/scholarships and financing possibilities for your stay abroad, please contact the THWS International Office.
- Please contact the Dean, if you have questions about a semester of leave.
Academic advice by FHWS
- Outside our Faculty, the Academic Advisory Service of THWS is open for any kind of questions related to studies.
- Questions related to the registration for exams or its cancellation as well as applications for the extension of deadlines can be answered by the Department of Student Affairs (HSST).
- If you think of ending your studies prematurely, you may find advice through at the counselling service for dropouts.
- In order to safeguard successful studies, THWS also offers counselling and advice to disabled or chronically ill students and prospective students.
- The FHWS women’s affairs officers offer information on support in cases of emergency.
Advice on finding a job
- The THWS Career Service offers counselling and courses on job search and career start.
Counselling in exceptional mental situations
FHWS does not offer counselling in exceptional mental situations. However, students in need can contact one of the following facilities/offices:
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling Office of the Studentenwerk
- Krisendienst Würzburg (crisis service)
- Evangelische Studierendengemeinde Würzburg (protestant student community)
- Katholische Studierendengemeinde Würzburg (catholic student community)
- Psychosozialen Beratungswegweiser Würzburg (guide to psychosocial services)
- Irrsinnig menschlich, a non-profit organisation working in the area of mental health with information on further counselling possibilities
The FHWS women’s affairs officer, too, offers information on support in cases of emergency.